The Tribe are the primary role models for Activate Your Artistry Dance Convention. Each season they have the opportunity to assist our faculty during convention classes, perform at each event and gain valuable work experience that they can use to pursue a career in the dance industry.
The Activate Your Artistry team is committed to supporting our Tribe dancers throughout their dance journey so even after your potential season with us is over, we are always here for referrals, advice and mentorship.
Once you are on The Tribe, you are family.
Tribe auditions for the 2023-2024 season will be held during the AYA Summer Intensive. Registration to attend the intensive required to audition. Summer Intensive registration will open in January 2023.
- Dancers who can not attend the summer intensive will be permitted to submit a video audition. Video submissions will only be reviewed if all spots are not filled at the summer intensive.
- Summer Intensive auditions will consist of a technical dance combination, industry dance combination, improv in dancers preferred style and faculty interview.
- Dancers must submit a headshot and full body action photo when registering to audition. Photos can be professional or self-shot. No competition photos or convention photos permitted. Due to copyright, photos must not contain banners or logos from other companies. Photos will be shared on social media of dancers who are selected to join The Tribe. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- There is no fee to participate in the Tribe Assistant Program if selected. Tribe Assistants are compensated with a Full tuition scholarship for the season, social media features, website features and complimentary Tribe attire. Tribe assistants are also invited to perform in the opening number, perform during final bows, participate in virtual events, photo shoots and in studio conventions. Travel and accommodations are the responsibility of each assistant and/or their guardian.
- Tribe Assistants are typically age 12-college age. Dancers younger than 12 years old by the start of the season will be considered for the Mini Tribe.
- Tribe Assistants must be able to commit to no less than two tour cities to be considered for a seasonal contract. Mini Tribe Assistants must be able to commit to at least one tour city to be considered for a seasonal contract.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?? Send us a message or email.
We are happy to answer any and all questions!
Applications are closed for the 2022-2023 season.
Our newest apprentice program for dancers age 8-11 who have ambitions to be on the Tribe Assistants. Our mini tribe will assist Primary level classes alongside our full contract assistants and be invited to perform in the opening number at the Concert Gala in their assigned tour city. Dancers must participate in auditions and commit to assisting in no less than one tour city to be on the Mini Tribe.