We are heading back to our hometown of Chicago to celebrate the end of The Ascension Tour!
Join us for Tribe Assistant auditions, convention classes, industry panels and the Black & Gold Ball.
INTENDED FOR DANCERS WITH BEGINNER OR RECREATIONAL LEVEL TECHNIQUE. TYPICALLY, AGE 9 AND UNDER.
INTENDED FOR DANCERS WITH INTERMEDIATE LEVEL TECHNIQUE. TYPICALLY, AGE 10-13.
INTENDED FOR DANCERS WITH ADVANCED TECHNIQUE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL STAGE EXPERIENCE.
PERMITS DANCER TO ATTEND ONE DAY OF THE AYA SUMMER INTENSIVE.
EACH REGISTERED STUDIO IS ENTITLED TO TWO COMPLIMENTARY DIRECTOR/TEACHER PASSES. ADDITIONAL TEACHER PASSES CAN BE OBTAINED FOR $30 EACH.
PERMITS PARENTS TO OBSERVE ALL CONVENTION CLASSES. ADDITONALLY, PROVIDES ENTRY TO PANELS AND CONVENTION ACTIVITIES. OBSERVER BANDS DO NOT ALLOW ACCESS TO OBSERVE AUDITIONS DURING THE EVENT.
Celebrating the end of our tour season with the biggest Black & Gold party!
Join us for DJ, dancing, treats, best dressed black & gold outfit contest and more.
Entry into the Black & Gold Ball included with intensive registration.
HOLIDAY INN CRYSTAL LAKE CONVENTION CENTER
800 South Route 31, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Room Rate: $119/Night available until June 19th, 2023
GROUP CODE : AYA
- The AYA Summer Intensive will take place over three days with classes, panels and activities planned for each day of the convention. Summer Intensive will feature Primary, Pre Pro and Pro Level classes in addition to Teacher Only classes and industry panels.
- Styles offered at Summer Intensive may include but are not limited to: Contemporary, Jazz, Musical Theatre, Latin, African, Stepping, Improv, Hip Hop, Tap, Ballet, Modern, Lyrical, Across the Floor technique and Pro Level Industry Heels.
- Participants may register for either a three-, two- or one-day convention pass for the Summer Intensive. Registration fees can be paid at the time of registration, or a $175 refundable studio deposit may be submitted to reserve a spot for this summer event.
- Full and Half regional scholarships are not valid for Summer Intensive. Quarter Tribe scholarships are permitted to be redeemed for this event.
- Registered studios are permitted to submit ONE routine to represent their studio in the closing show on Friday. Submitted routines can be any group size including solos and also any level. Closing Show routine submissions are $60 each.
- Dancers may be asked to perform choreography they learned during convention classes in the closing show. Dancers should come prepared with a Black and White outfit to wear in the event they are selected for the closing show.
- Parent observer bands are available for this event. Observer bands permit the bearer to observe and film convention classes. Tribe Auditions and Teacher Only classes are closed to parent observers.
- Each registered studio is entitled to two free Director/Teacher bands to observe and participate in classes and panels. Additional teaching staff bands can be obtained for $30 each.
- The first day of convention will conclude with the BLACK & GOLD ball! Come dressed in your best and coolest black and gold outfit. Join us for DJ, dancing, best dressed contest, hor d'oeuvres and more. Ball entry included with Summer Intensive registration.
- The convention schedule for this event will be posted no later than 7 days before the event. The order of performance for the closing show will be posted no later than 7 days before the event. Convention schedule and closing show order subject to change. Sample list of events is located at the bottom of this webpage.
Tribe auditions for the 2023-2024 season will be held during the AYA Summer Intensive. Registration to attend the intensive required to audition. Summer Intensive registration will open in January 2023.
- Dancers who are unable to attend the summer intensive Tribe audition will be permitted to submit a video audition with permission from ownership. Video submissions will only be reviewed if all spots are not filled at the summer intensive. Video submissions will only be accepted until submission capacity has been reached. Please email email@example.com by April 30th, 2023, to submit a video audition request.
- Summer Intensive auditions will consist of a technical dance combination, industry dance combination, improv in dancers preferred style and faculty interview.
- Tribe invitation scholarships entitle the recipient to 25% off summer intensive registration.
- Dancers must submit a headshot and full body action photo when registering to audition. Photos can be professional or self-shot. No competition photos or convention photos permitted. Due to copyright, photos must not contain banners or logos from other companies. Photos will be shared on social media of dancers who are selected to join The Tribe. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Dancers who are invited to The Tribe will be announced at the closing ceremony of the summer intensive on the final day of the event.
- There is no fee to participate in the Tribe Assistant Program if selected. Tribe Assistants are compensated with a Full tuition scholarship for the season as work-study, social media features, website features and complimentary Tribe attire. Tribe assistants are also invited to perform in the opening number, perform during final bows, participate in virtual events, photo shoots and in studio conventions. Travel and accommodations are the responsibility of each assistant and/or their guardian.
- Tribe Assistants are typically age 12-college age. Dancers younger than 12 years old by the start of the season will be considered for the Mini Tribe.
- Tribe Assistants must be able to commit to no less than two tour cities to be considered for a seasonal contract. Mini Tribe Assistants must be able to commit to at least one tour city to be considered for a seasonal contract.
ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?? Send us a message or email.
We are happy to answer any and all questions!
- Registration Opens
- Opening Show
- Convention Classes
- Tribe Auditions - 12 and Older
- Improv Competition
- Teacher and Parent Panel “Preparing My Dance for the Industry.”
- Black and Gold Ball
- Single Day Registration Opens
- Convention Classes All Levels
- Choreography Panel “Creating Movement “
- Tribe Auditions - Mini Tribe 11 and Younger
- Scavenger Hunt
- Closing Show Tech Rehearsal
- Bonus Tribe Classes
- Single Day Registration Opens
- Convention Classes All Levels
- Industry Panel - Open Q & A
- Convention Banner Signing in Main Foyer
- Scholarship Presentation
- Tribe Assistant Invite Announcements
- Closing Show
Copyright © 2018 Activate Your Artistry - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy